ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
The Antiquatis Institute website provides its service to you, subject to the following Terms of Service (“TOS”), which may be updated by us from time to time without notice to you.
You can review the most current version of the TOS at any time. In addition, when using particular Institute services, you and the Institute shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services which may be posted from time to time. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into the TOS.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
The Institute currently provides users with access to various online forums, communications tools, personalized content and branded programming through its network (the “Service”). Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Service shall be subject to the TOS. You understand and agree that the Service is provided “AS-IS” and that the Antiquatis Institute assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, correctness or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings.
In order to use the Service, you must obtain access to the World Wide Web, either directly or through devices that access web-based content, and pay any service fees associated with such access. In addition, you must provide all equipment necessary to make such connection to the World Wide Web, including a computer and modem or other access device.
YOUR REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS
In consideration of your use of the Service, you agree to:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service's registration form (such information being the “Registration Data”) and
- maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or the Institute has a reasonable ground to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the Antiquatis Institute has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof).
MEMBER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD AND SECURITY
You will receive a password and account designation upon completing the Service's registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify the Institute of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session (Logout). The Antiquatis Institute cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section.
You understand that all information, photographs, graphics, text, data, messages or other materials (“Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not the Institute, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email or otherwise transmit via the Service. The Antiquatis Institute does not control the Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will the Institute be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Service.
You agree to not use the Service to:
- Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, slanderous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Harm minors in any way;
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an Antiquatis Institute official or trustee, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
- Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party;
- Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation.
- Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law;
- “Stalk” or otherwise harass another; or
- Collect or store personal data about other users.
You acknowledge that the Antiquatis Institute does not pre-screen Content, but that the Institute and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse, delete or move any Content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, the Institute and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the TOS or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content created by the Institute or submitted to the Institute.
You acknowledge and agree that the Antiquatis Institute may preserve Content and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the TOS; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of the Institute, its users and the public.
You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
SPECIAL ADMONITIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL USE
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported to and from the United States or the country in which you reside.
PUBLIC CONTENT POSTED TO ANTIQUATIS INSTITUTE
- For purposes of the TOS, “publicly accessible areas of the Service” are those accessible by the general public. You need to be aware that the nature of the World Wide Web is that it is public. We endeavor to protect your confidence and privacy, but we can not guarantee it.
- With respect to Content you elect to post for inclusion in publicly accessible areas of the Service, you grant the Antiquatis Institute the world-wide, royalty free and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish such Content on the Service, solely for the purpose for which such Content was submitted to the Service.
- In accordance with the Antiquatis Institute Publication Guidelines, all Content submitted to any part of this Service becomes the property of the site owner, and is subject to copyright, unless specifically noted, or prior arrangements have been made.
You agree to indemnify and hold the Institute, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post to or transmit through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the TOS, or your violation of any rights of another. You agree to pay Antiquatis Institute attorney fees if your actions cause the Institute to have to defend itself against and legal challenge or action.
NO RESALE OF SERVICE
The contents of this Service is copyrighted by Bruce Peret, unless otherwise noted.
You agree not to:
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service.
- Copy, collect, store, post to newsgroup, website, forum, Wiki, or disseminate the Contents in any way to any public venue (electronic or printed), outside of the “Fair Use” clause of Copyright law, without written permission from Bruce Peret.
GENERAL PRACTICES REGARDING USE AND STORAGE
You acknowledge that the Antiquatis Institute may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Service, including without limitation the maximum number of days uploaded Content will be retained by the Service, the maximum number of images that may be sent from or received by an account on the Service, the maximum size of any Content that may be sent from or received by an account on the Service, the maximum disk space that will be allotted on the Institute's servers on your behalf, and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) you may access the Service in a given period of time. You agree that the Institute has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications or other Content maintained or transmitted by the Service. You acknowledge that the Institute reserves the right to log off accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time. You further acknowledge that the Institute reserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE
The Antiquatis Institute reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that the Institute shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
You agree that the Antiquatis Institute, in its sole discretion, may terminate your password, account (or any part thereof) or use of the Service, and remove and discard any Content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if the Institute believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the TOS. Antiquatis Institute may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Service under any provision of this TOS may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that the Institute may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in your account and/or bar any further access to such files or the Service. Further, you agree that the Institute shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Service.
DEALINGS WITH ADVERTISERS
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Service, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that the Institute shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Service.
The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because the Institute has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that the Institute is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that the Institute shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
ANTIQUATIS INSTITUTE's PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
You acknowledge and agree that the Service and any necessary software used in connection with the Service (“Software”) contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that Content contained in sponsor advertisements or information presented to you through the Service or advertisers is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by the Institute or advertisers, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Service or the Software, in whole or in part.
Antiquatis Institute grants you a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive right and license to use the object code of its Software on a single computer; provided that you do not (and do not allow any third party to) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right in the Software. You agree not to modify the Software in any manner or form, or to use modified versions of the Software, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Service. You agree not to access the Service by any means other than through the interface that is provided by the Institute for use in accessing the Service.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
You expressly understand and agree that:
- Your use of the service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Antiquatis Institute expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- Antiquatis Institute makes no warranty that:
- the service will meet your requirements,
- the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free,
- the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable,
- the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and
- any errors in the software will be corrected.
- Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the service is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
- No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from the Institute or through or from the service shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the TOS.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You expressly understand and agree that Antiquatis Institute shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if the Institute has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from:
- the use or the inability to use the service;
- the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service;
- unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data;
- statements or conduct of any third party on the service, and
- any other matter relating to the service.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations of sections 17 and 18 may not apply to you.
Notices to you may be made via email. You assume responsibility of receipt of such notices. Antiquatis Institute is not responsible for emails that are returned, improperly delivered, or lost. The Service may also provide notices of changes to the TOS or other matters by displaying notices or links to notices to you generally on the Service.
Antiquatis, Antiquatis Institute, logos, products and service names are trade names and trademarks of Bruce Peret (the “Antiquatis Marks”). You agree not to display or use in any manner, the Antiquatis Marks, without written permission from Bruce Peret.
Please report any violations of the Terms Of Service to the Antiquatis Webmaster.